Genshin Impact has been a huge success since its launch, with miHoYo reportedly earning close to $800m in 2020. One of the best aspects about the game has been its plentiful characters and how different they feel, and with the Hu Tao banner now confirmed here youll discover the skills and story quest for Hu Tao, as well as find some previously leaked gameplay that further hinted at her arrival.
MiHoYo recently teased her arrival on YouTube and got over one million views in just seven hours. This is testament to how anticipated the heroine is, and her expected but previously confirmed arrival made fans even more excited and antsy seeing as she was leaked all the way back in 2020 alongside Xiao.
But, with her banner now officially confirmed for update 1.3, below youll find Hu Taos skills and story quest, as well as some previously leaked gameplay.
Genshin Impact Hu Tao story quest
The story quest for Hu Tao in Genshin Impact is named Papilio Charontis.
This upcoming story quest for Hu Tao in Genshin Impact requires an Adventure Rank of at least 40 or above, and it starts on March 2nd.
In addition, you will also need to have completed Archon Quest Chapter I: Act II Farewell, Archaic Lord in order to be eligible.
As well as the aforementioned Story mission, there will also be an expedition event named Vishaps and Where to Find Them starting on March 5th.
This will require an Adventure Rank of 20 or above, as well as the completion of Liyue Katherines Vishaps and Where to Find Them.
As previously mentioned, the arrival of the upcoming Pyro heroine isnt too surprising as she was leaked alongside Xiao way before the launch of update 1.3.
And plenty of leaked gameplay had appeared online such as from insider NEP NEP on Twitter.
Genshin Impact Hu Tao skills
The Genshin Impact skills for Hu Tao have now been confirmed.
Honey Hunter World had previously posted the skills for Hu Tao in Genshin Impact, but miHoYo have now confirmed the characters attacks and talents.
Her normal attack performs up to six consecutive strikes, her charged attack consumes stamina to lunge forward and deal damage to enemies in her way, and plunge sees her strike the ground from mid-air to deal AoE DMG upon impact.
When it comes to Hu Taos skills, theres Paramita Papilio State which increases her attack based on her max HP. Attack DMG also gets converted to Pyro DMG, and Hu Taos resistance to interruption is increased.
Paramita Papilio charged attacks also apply the Blood Blossom effect when hitting enemies. Blood Blossom deals Pyro DMG every four seconds, and enemies can only be affected once.
In addition to the above, Hu Tao is also said to boast an Elemental Burst referred to as Spirit Smoother. This commands a blazing spirit to attack and deal Pyro DMG in a large AoE.
The striking of enemies will regenerate a percentage of Hu Taos HP in an effect that can be triggered up to five times.
As well as regenerating her health, both DMG and HP regeneration will be increased if Hu Taos HP is below 50%.
Everything from here on now comes courtesy of Honey Hunter World, with the skills now moving onto Passive Talents.
Flutter By will increase the partys critical rate by 12% when Paramita Papilio finishes (excluding Hu Tao herself), and Sanguine Rogue will increase her Pyro DMG by 33% when her health is equal to or lower than 50%.
Meanwhile, the More the Merrier will give Hu Tao an 18% chance to receive an additional Suspecious dish of the same type after cooking a perfect dish.
Lastly, theres also the following Constellations:
- Crimson Bouquet: While in Paramita Papilio state activated by Guide to Afterlife, Hu Taos Charge Attacks do not consume stamina.
- Ominous Rainfall: Increases the Blood Blossom damage by the amount equal to ten percent of Hu Taos max HP at the time the effect is applied. Additionally, Spirit Soother will also apply the Blood Blossom effect.
- Lingering Carmine: Increases the level of Guide to Afterlife by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Garden of Eternal Rest: Upon defeating an enemy affected by Blood Blossom that Hu Tao applied herself, all nearby allies in the party (excluding Hu Tao herself) will have their critical rate increased by 12 percent for 15 seconds.
- Floral Incense: Increases the level of Spirit Soother by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Butterflys Embrace: Triggers when Hu Taos HP drops below 25%, or when she suffers a lethal strikeHu Tao will not fall as a result of the damage sustained. Additionally, for the next ten seconds, all of her elemental and physical resistance is increased by 200 percent, her critical rate is increased by 100 percent, and her resistance to interruption is greatly increased. This effect triggers automatically when Hu Tao has one HP left. Can only occur once every 60 seconds.
Check out miHoYos character overview to discover the backstory and hobbies of Hu Tao.